Wednesday, September 19, 2001

And then it was over

Hi,
I'm in Waterloo, Iowa and I can't stop singing ABBA.

So, like everyone Tuesday hit me pretty hard. Much harder than I expected.
I walked around Whitefish for a couple of days unable to get on my bike
until I heard back from my friends in New York (thank you all for your quick
responses.)

I started to write a summary of the days prior to Tuesday and then a summary
of the days since, but I just read a couple of emails from friends who lost
friends and I'm not feeling up to it.

We biked to Spokane, Washington and rented a car to drive back. I just
dropped Alex off at the wedding (well, not exactly at the wedding), said
goodbye and will get back in the car and continue driving in about 4 minutes
when my 30 minutes are up on this computer. I'm going to New York because I
feel like I need to be there right now and then will head down and spend
some time with my parents in North Carolina.

Sorry for the abrupt ending to my vacation journals - it sort of mirrors the
abrupt ending to my vacation. This trip always was about the journey and
not about the destination.


I hope you all are doing ok. Please take care.
Leigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home